Strategic delivery partnership
As part of the review of sector agencies by Universities UK, HECSU formed a strategic delivery partnership with the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), Jisc and UCAS. It is focused on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of data-related functions and services to higher education.
Websites and services
HECSU's charitable objectives are carried out by Prospects, providing students, graduates, university careers services, employers and others with a range of services through its suite of websites.
Careers advice, jobs and postgraduate study opportunities
Prospects.ac.uk is the UK's biggest graduate careers website with more than 2.4 million monthly browsers. The site guides students and graduates through every step of their career journey with employment and further study opportunities as well as unique careers content written by AGCAS and industry professionals.
Labour market insights
Luminate provides a fresh voice for the sector. It houses the new online edition of What do graduates do? publication and is the primary repository for our reports and research. As well as being an indispensable labour market information (LMI) resource, Luminate provides views and insights from our own experts, such as Charlie Ball, as well as industry and sector guests.
Degree and candidate verification
Prospects Hedd is an online government-backed degree verification service which aims to combat degree fraud in higher education. It helps universities to manage incoming requests from employers, agencies and other universities in their candidate verification.
Postgraduate course data
Prospects Course Exchange uses XCRI-CAP feeds to manage the upload of postgraduate course data from higher education providers to Prospects and other postgraduate course marketing websites. The service includes a free validation service, Prospects Course Check.
The HECSU board
- Prof. Mark E Smith (Chair)Vice-ChancellorLancaster University
- William ArcherEducation Innovator
- Prof. Francis CampbellVice ChancellorSt Mary's University
- Stephen IsherwoodChief ExecutiveInstitute of Student Employers
- Graham NicholsonDirector Careers ServicesUniversity of Dundee
- Ross RentonPro Vice Chancellor StudentsUniversity of Worcester
- Theresa SmythUniversity Employability Education LeadCranfield University
- Eve StuartPersonal (Life) Coach
- Dr. Tim WestlakeChief Operating OfficerUniversity of Sussex